Translate

Monday, May 14, 2018

Journalist Looking for Ethically Non-Monogamous People

I was contacted by this journalist. I can't offer any assurances of how you'd be treated or portrayed. (Yes, this is same person who also asked for people who've experienced GSA.)

Read what she has to say for herself...

-Keith


*****

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to post out of the blue like this, I hope you all don't mind. My name is Candice and I write for the national magazines and newspapers, such as Take A Break, Chat, Daily Mirror, That's Life and New to name a few here in the UK. I wondered if would be interested in speaking to me and sharing your story about being in a polygamous relationship or a polyamorous relationship.

We love doing these types of stories and showing society that we should celebrate love, no matter what!

I'd like to reassure you that I'd never publish your story without your permission and you would receive a full read back to ensure you were completely happy with how it sounded. I understand that talking to the media is probably the last thing on your mind regarding such a sensitive matter.

I really do not want to pressure you in to anything, and furthermore the last thing I wish is to offend you by writing. If you did feel that you could go ahead with an article at some point, I can assure you that everything would be handled with the utmost care and sensitivity. There would be no obligation for you to go ahead with an article if you had reservations after speaking with me.

If you were interested in speaking out, I think it's crucial that you work with someone you can trust. I would be happy to answer any question and address any concern. I appreciate that you may have some concerns about appearing in a feature, but I would like to assure you that it is our policy to always read back articles to the people we interview.

I would also never place your story in any publication without your full consent.

The national magazines do pay generously on publication which can either go to you or to a charity of your choice.

Your story would only be on the shelves for a week as well.

I think polygamy & polyamory is a very misunderstood taboo in society today and am really looking to break down those barriers and hopefully get people to understand more about it.

The aim of the article is to raise awareness and educate people on how you cannot confine love to just one person.

I am also happy to show you previous work I have done.

If you do think you would like to get back in touch with me then please contact me in confidence on 0121 551 1004 or 007706254066 or send an email to candice@hotspotmedia.co.uk Best wishes,

Candice
— — —

No comments:

Post a Comment

To prevent spam, comments will have to be approved, so your comment may not appear for several hours. Feedback is welcome, including disagreement. I only delete/reject/mark as spam: spam, vulgar or hateful attacks, repeated spouting of bigotry from the same person that does not add to the discussion, and the like. I will not reject comments based on disagreement, but if you don't think consenting adults should be free to love each other, then I do not consent to have you repeatedly spout hate on my blog without adding anything to the discourse.

If you want to write to me privately, then either contact me on Facebook, email me at fullmarriageequality at protonmail dot com, or tell me in your comment that you do NOT want it published. Otherwise, anything you write here is fair game to be used in a subsequent entry. If you want to be anonymous, that is fine.

IT IS OK TO TALK ABOUT SEX IN YOUR COMMENTS, BUT PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR WORDS CAREFULLY AS I WANT THIS BLOG TO BE AS "SAFE FOR WORK" AS POSSIBLE. If your comment includes graphic descriptions of activity involving minors, it's not going to get published.